Services: Agile Training
A surprising number of Scrum teams can provide accurate definitions for each of the Scrum roles, events and artifacts, and yet few teams master the simplicity and power of Scrum in their daily lives. The same is true of teams who use XP and even, simply, Kanban.
Targeted training with follow-up coaching can help build high performing teams who, in turn, become Agile stewards in the organization. Things to ponder…
Scrum Basics, then Mastery
Train + Practice + Coaching
Shu Ha Ri
Adapting your ways of working according to your increased understanding of the Agile Mindset.
Product Owner Development
The product owner is perhaps the most misunderstood role in Scrum.
Good product owners are attentive to the Customer and work to ensure the wishes of the stakeholders are honored. Great product owners are available to their Scrum teams, working to assure maximum flow in each sprint (increment).
The ideal PO is empathic, insightful and globally aware of both the people and the problems facing the product’s customer. Training focuses on…
- The Basics: Product vision and product backlog management
- Maximizing the value of the product at each point in time
- Continuous discovery of value
- Continuous and effective communication with all stakeholders and the Scrum team
Scrum Master Development
At times, and if well trained, a Scrum master is a trainer, a facilitator, a mentor and a coach, each depending upon what the SM wants to help the Scrum team achieve. In daily life the Scrum master is a remover of team obstructions and a protector of the team’s time and space. If the Scrum master is successful at fostering team awareness and autonomy, it will no longer need to have the Scrum master around – or at least as frequently as originally.
How can Scrum masters become the individuals they need to be, both for their teams and for the organization? Must a Scrum master have a certain personality type to be of greatest value?
According to Ken Schwaber, people are capable of becoming what or who they need to be if they want something badly enough. What else?
- At its heart, Scrum is a rigid Agile framework that enables teams to work efficiently and flexibly. Scrum masters know the roles, event and artifacts in Scrum, along with the purpose and mandated time-boxing for each event.
- Successful Scrum masters pay-it-forward in their organizations, helping other parts of the business in adopting Scrum and sharing critical best practices. The Scrum master ensures that the Scrum values are honored and that both the Agile values and the Agile principles – as described in the Agile Manifesto – are understood and lived.